SYSTEM CONCEPT AND PRODUCT OVERVIEW
Use Mesa Tactical’s collapsible stock kits and adapters to install AR-15 adjustable buttstocks and pistol grips onto the venerable Remington 870 and Mossberg 500/590 shotgun platforms for the ultimate in tactical shotgun configuration performance.
Equipped with the Mesa Tactical stock adapter, the shotguns have an adjustable length-of-pull to perfectly fit to the shooter’s stature or equipment, such as body armor; feature handling characteristics similar to the ubiquitous AR-15; are more compact for transport and storage; and are more controllable due to the pistol grip configuration.
There are two lines of Mesa Tactical telescoping stock adapters:
1. High-tube® telescoping stock adapters, that require the use of railmounted optics;
2. LEO telescopting stock adapters, which feature a stock elevation about an inch lower than the High-tube adapters and so don’t require sighting or aiming aids.
These adapters are available in two types of kits, adapter kits or complete stock kits.
The heart of the Mesa Tactical Telescoping Stock Conversion Kit is the stock adapter. The stock adapters are investment cast aircraft grade aluminum, CNC machined and powdercoated black with a tough, chemical resistant finish.
Our High-tube adapters have a comb height equivalent to an AR-15 and require an optics rail (included). These specialized adapters are for certain law enforcement applications or competition. High tube adapters allow proper cheek weld and eye alignment with popular optics such as an ACOG or Leupold CQT and others. High-tube adapters and stock kits include nine inch or 24 inch top Picatinny optics rails. While the 9.50 inch rails can optionally be secured to the shotgun receiver as well as the stock adapter, the 24 inch rails are anchored at the front by a clamp. No gunsmithing is required to install. Minor fitting of fasteners may be necessary.
The concept is simple: the shotgun stock is replaced by an adapter that mimics the stock attachment point of an AR-15 lower receiver. This adapter accepts an AR-15 receiver buffer tube. The AR-15 collapsible stock and pistol grip can then be reliably attached to the shotgun.
Stock kits additionally include an M4 Carbine style telescoping buttstock assembly, a Hogue rubber overmolded pistol grip, a stamped steel stock wrench and a push-button sling swivel. A slip-on rubber butt pad for the M4 Carbine buttstock is available separately.
The Mesa Tactical Telescoping Stock Adapter Shotgun Conversion Kit should include the following components:
- 1 Cast aluminum and powdercoated telescoping stock adapter
- 1 Receiver cap screw
- 1 Receiver screw hex key
- 1 AR grip screw
- Picatinny scope rail
- Picatinny scope rail cap screws
- Picatinny scope rail cap screw hex key
- Machined nylon Picatinny scope rail rear spacer
- Molded nylon Picatinny scope rail forward spacer
- Aluminum mount point cover plates
- Mount point cover plate button-head screws
- Mount point cover plate screw hex key
- Threaded steel flush cups
- M4 Carbine style 5- or 6-position telescoping stock assembly
- Push-button QD sling swivel
- Receiver extension stock nut
- Hogue AR pistol grip
- Stamped steel stock wrench
Assembly of the Mesa Tactical Telescoping Stock Adapter Shotgun Conversion Kit requires no special tools and should take less than 30 minutes. All required hex keys and an AR-15 stock wrench are included with the stock kit. All you will need to provide is a Phillips head screwdriver (for the pistol grip), plus whatever tools are required to remove the old stock (an AR-15 stock wrench and stock nut is not included with the stock adapter kit, only with the complete stock kit).