The battle of Hamel was a successful attack launched against German positions in and around the town of Hamel in northern France. It was the first offensive action of WWI. The battle of Hamel saw a departure from ineffective and timely tactics of earlier years and began the development of modern military tactics. The battle was scheduled to take three weeks. It ended up taking just 90 minutes with the key part lasting only only three minutes.
The Hamel & Hamel Polarized glasses from Edge Eyewear are the latest in Edge's line of tactical glasses. Each pair is made with a durable, long-lasting black frame that fits comfortably.
- Durable Long-Lasting Black Frames
- Military Grade Vapor Shield
- 3X Anti-Scratch Coating
- Rubberized Matte Finish
- Meets Uniform Requirements for Military, Tactical, and Police
- Soft Cleaning Bag Included
- Vapor Shield: Most situations can be handled with a standard anti-fog – but for extreme environments, Edge Eyewear developed a revolutionary, military grade anti-fog coating called “Vapor Shield.” It is absolutely impervious to fog.
- Polarized: Polarized lenses feature a special filtering layer that blocks reflected light from below and glare from above, allowing only direct light rays to enter the eye. This technology enhances clarity and visibility.
- G-15: The U.S. Air Force engineered this specialized technology for used in aviator lenses during the 1950s. Through extensive experimentation with the light spectrum, it was found that transmission of green and yellow light could be maximized at 550 nanometers (the two colors best perceived by the human eye). The outcome is a neutral and true-to-life perspective, which results in a noticeable cooling sensation for the eyes. Edge Eyewear is the first company ever to offer a safety-rated G-15 lens.