Designed by edged-weapons expert Michael Janich, the Tatang employs the savage cutting power of a traditional Filipino barong in a leaner, more versatile package. When gripped at the rear of the pistol-grip-style handle, the weight-forward blade gives it tremendous reach and chopping power. Choking up on the subhilt shifts the balance back for more controlled cutting, trapping and backcutting.
- Blade length: 8.600”/218 mm
- Overall length: 13.500”/343 mm
- Blade material: 1085C high-carbon tool steel
- Blade finish: Black epoxy finish
- Edge type: Plain or partially serrated
- Handle material: Injection-molded co-polymer with textured panels
- Sheath: Injection-molded nylon with mounting plates for PALS/MOLLE or drop-leg platform attachments