ALPHA Industries N-3B Women's Parka
We took our durable cold-weather parka and created a version that's just for ladies. The N-3B has a flight nylon shell with contrast orange nylon lining. The full-length storm flap, adjustable hood, and storm cuffs make this snorkel parka the perfect protection against the elements. The parka features four pockets along with Alpha’s signature zippered utility/pencil pocket on the sleeve.
- The parka's adjustable hood is lined with faux mouton and trimmed with removable faux fur.
- The nylon shell and reinforced elbows make this N-3B durable against the elements.
- The jacket features Alpha’s signature zippered utility/pencil pocket on the sleeve along with four additional pockets -- two large snap-closure chest pockets and two lower flap pockets.
- A water-resistant ladies jacket with 100% polyester fill.
- The model is dress size 0-2 and is 5'8"; she is wearing an XS jacket.
The first N-3B jackets were produced in the mid 1950s for USAF air crews who were assigned to transport troops in extremely cold climates. The parkas were originally made with a nylon outer shell and lining and a wool interlining. The interlining was changed to polyester batting in the 1970s. The long, sage green jackets became known as the “Snorkel Parka” because the fur-trimmed hood could be zipped right up leaving only a small tunnel for the wearer to look out of. The modern N-3Bs have slant pockets at the chest and flap pockets lower on the coat, and a panel that fastens with loops across the zipper to keep out wind. Today most use synthetic fur around the hood. The N-3B was the first jacket Alpha Industries made for the U.S. government in 1959 and we went on to produce it for the consumer market in the 1980s. In 1993 we introduced new colors including maroon, black and navy blue. Today we make several variations of the traditional N-3B.
|SIZE||NUMERIC||NECK (IN)||BUST (IN)||WAIST (IN)||HIP (IN)||SLEEVE (IN)|
|XS||0-2||13-13 1/2||33-34||25-26||36-37||31-31 1/2|
|S||4-6||13 1/2-14||35-36||27-28||38-39||31 1/2 - 32|
|M||8-10||14-14 1/2||37-38||29-30||40-41||32 – 32 1/2|
|L||12-14||14 1/2-15 1/4||39-41||31-33||42-44||32 1/2 - 33 1/4|
|XL||16-18||15 1/4-16||42-44||34-37||45-47||33 1/4 - 34|