ALPHA Industries N-3B Parka
Looking for a durable cold weather parka that's fashionable and our warmest yet? The USAF N-3B parka fits the bill. This Snorkel parka features reinforced elbow patches, a full-length storm flap and inset knit cuffs for durability and protection against the elements. The N-3B parka’s nylon outer shell/polyester interlining ensures that no cold air seeps in. Our hood is lined and trimmed with synthetic fur, complete with adjustable draw cord/take-up strap. If you like a tight fit we recommend sizing down from your normal size
- The sizing for this jacket cannot be compared to the Slim Fit N-3B as the two jackets have different fits (core vs standard) and the variations between sizes differs between the two styles. When determining your size please consider whether you will layer under the jacket and if you prefer a more fitted look.
- The N-3B parka is one of our warmest; suitable for sub-freezing temperatures
- The 100% nylon outer shell, polyester interlining and faux fur-lined/trimmed hood make this Snorkel parka optimal for staying warm & dry
- Our cold weather parka also has a full-length storm flap and inset knit cuffs for additional protection against the elements
- The USAF N-3B parka is tough, with reinforced elbow patches, in addition to an adjustable take-up strap/draw cord in the hood
The first N-3B jackets were produced in the mid 1950s for USAF air crews who were assigned to transport troops in extremely cold climates. The parkas were originally made with a nylon outer shell and lining and a wool interlining. The interlining was changed to polyester batting in the 1970s. The long, sage green jackets became known as the “Snorkel Parka” because the fur-trimmed hood could be zipped right up leaving only a small tunnel for the wearer to look out of. The modern N-3Bs have slant pockets at the chest and flap pockets lower on the coat, and a panel that fastens with loops across the zipper to keep out wind. Today most use synthetic fur around the hood. The N-3B was the first jacket Alpha Industries made for the U.S. government in 1959 and we went on to produce it for the consumer market in the 1980s. In 1993 we introduced new colors including maroon, black and navy blue. Today we make several variations of the traditional N-3B.
|2XS||14-14 1/2||29-31||26-28||29-31||30-31||Regular 5'6" to 6'||120-130|
|MT||15-15 1/2||38-40||33-35||38-40||34-35||Tall 6'1" to 6'4"||170-185|