ALPHA Industries N-3B Ambrose Parka
This product is unavailable
We’ve lightened up our traditional N-3B parka to create a modern variation. This men’s parka features a trans-nylon, water-resistant shell with nylon lining. The zip-front has a button and loop closure storm flap to keep the wind out. The nylon-web oxygen tab with contrast stitching is a unique detail that pays homage to the mil-spec tab that pilots used to clip their masks to. For a trans nylon flight jacket check out our MA-1 Skymaster.
- This military jacket features the Alpha wings screen print on the back neck area.
- The parka has an adjustable snorkel hood.
- The Ambrose has two snap-close welt chest pockets, two lower zip-close and snap pockets, an interior snap-close pocket and Alpha’s signature zippered utility/pencil pocket on the sleeve.
- Features a drawstring waist with leather stoppers.
- Because this is a lightweight parka the sleeves do not have knit cuffs like some of our other styles.
- This men’s flight jacket has a standard fit.
The first N-3B jackets were produced in the mid 1950s for USAF air crews who were assigned to transport troops in extremely cold climates. The parkas were originally made with a nylon outer shell and lining and a wool interlining. The interlining was changed to polyester batting in the 1970s. The long, sage green jackets became known as the “Snorkel Parka” because the fur-trimmed hood could be zipped right up leaving only a small tunnel for the wearer to look out of. The modern N-3Bs have slant pockets at the chest and flap pockets lower on the coat, and a panel that fastens with loops across the zipper to keep out wind. Today most use synthetic fur around the hood. The N-3B was the first jacket Alpha Industries made for the U.S. government in 1959 and we went on to produce it for the consumer market in the 1980s. In 1993 we introduced new colors including maroon, black and navy blue. Today we make several variations of the traditional N-3B.
|2XS||14-14 1/2||29-31||26-28||29-31||30-31||Regular 5'6" to 6'||120-130|
|MT||15-15 1/2||38-40||33-35||38-40||34-35||Tall 6'1" to 6'4"||170-185|