FREE SHIPPING USA (Orders OVER $99)
20% OFF EXPIRES MAY 1st - CODE april20off
C-17 Globemaster III Coin
C-17 Globemaster III Coin
The C-17 first entered US Air Force service in 1993, meeting a requirement for a strategic airlifter in forward theaters around on the globe. Requiring a crew of only three — two pilots and a loadmaster — this rugged and dependable airframe proved so versatile that it has since been adopted as the airlifter of choice of many foreign nations. The C-17’s four turbofan engines can loft up to 170,900 lbs. at a top speed of 450 knots, with a range of up to 2,800 miles. The C-17’s STOL capability means it can use runways as short as 3,500 feet and as narrow as 90 feet, as well as unimproved airstrips.
C-17 Globemaster III Characteristics
* Pratt & Whitney F117-PW-100 turbofan engines (4)
* 40,440 pounds of thrust per engine
* 169 ft., 10 in. wingspan (to winglet tips)
* 174 ft. in length
* 55 ft., 1 in. height
* 585,000 max peacetime takeoff weight
* 450 knots (mach 0.74) speed at 28,000 ft.
* 45,000 ft. flight ceiling
* global range with in-flight refueling
Minted in the USA from special deep-relief coining dies; struck from solid bronze; and hand-finished with an antique patina for exceptional quality and detail, the C-17 Globemaster III challenge coin pays homage to this stalwart of U.S. Air Force global reach, its aircrews, maintenance, and logistical support personnel. The obverse features the C-17 Globemaster III in flight to a forward theater, with a schematic representation of the aircraft behind; the reverse features the Air Force symbol trimmed in Air Force blue.
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $99 - USA
$20 FLAT RATE SHIPPING ORDERS OVER $200
NOTE: You may receive multiple shipments but you will only pay for shipping one time (unless FREE). We absorb the additional shipping costs as a service to you.
Flat Rates, Grunt Rate and Light Fighter Rate are simply ways for us to reduce shipping costs to you by OPSGEAR® paying the remainder of the actual method and rate. There are no guaranteed shipping times with these or the free rates.
- Domestic Orders: ORDER PLACED > Item(s) ships from one or more warehouses direct to you. Over 98% of our items ship within 1-5 days. We have real-time inventory sync with most of our warehouses, but on rare occasions when an item is backordered shipping can exceed 30 days. We will do all we can to inform you, assist you with alternate product selection and expedite your order.
- International Orders: ORDER PLACED > Item(s) are consolidated from one or many locations to OPSGEAR® HQ then completed order is shipped direct to you. International orders normally arrive within 1-2 weeks but can exceed 30 days at times.
Tracking will be sent to the email account on record when an item has shipped (USA) or when the entire package has shipped (INTERNATIONAL).