This braid is made in 4 steps. These are a few tips I think are relevant to making a successful gaucho braid:
- keep your cords in a proper sequence at all times. Losing track can be difficult to remedy when starting out
- concentrate to which step is next
- tighten up the braid as you see fit
The basic sequence for the braid is the following:
- top right cord goes behind to the left, then under two over two, then back to the bottom right
- top left goes behind to the right, then over one, under two, over one, then back to the bottom on the left
- top right cord goes behind to the left, then over two under two, then back to the bottom right
- the top left cord goes behind to the right, then under one, over two, under one, then back to the bottom on the left
If you have to take to stop before you are finished make sure that you have a clip or something to hold you place. I use a chip clip. I also always stop on the same step. I will always to after completing step one. It is really easy to loose you spot.
Please let us know if you have any questions
All our 550 paracord is $5 for 100'